1. Why should I hire a general contractor?
Planning and building any project takes time and organization. Finding a subcontractor to complete just one task can be time consuming. Hiring a general contractor can take a huge weight off your shoulders. At Wemp & Smith Construction Ltd., we work with a network of reliable subcontractors to create superior results. We’ll also provide you with a complete warranty.
2. How much will my project cost?
During our initial meetings, you can give us a budget that you’re comfortable working with, and we’ll do our best to meet your requirements. Preparing a list of minimum requirements and negotiable items to bring to our meetings will help us give you realistic quote.
3. How much does Wemp & Smith Construction Ltd. charge to build custom homes?
Our starting price is $220.00 per square foot; cost will vary depending on the features you want. For example, laminate flooring costs less then hardwood flooring.
4. How long will it take to build my custom home?
Building a home typically it takes 4 to 5 months, but how long a project will last can vary depending on factors such as weather, the complexity of the design, and how big the home will be.
5. Do I have to find someone else to build my foundation?
No. Once you’ve bought a lot, we can excavate it and build your new home’s foundations.
6. Is your work covered by a warranty?
Yes. As professional home builders, we’ll provide you with a one-year warranty, which covers our work and our subcontractors’ work, as well as Tarion coverage for your new custom home. Tarion is a private warranty corporation that manages the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act, which includes issuing licenses, helping consumers with their warranties, and making sure builders fulfil their obligations.
7. In which area does Wemp & Smith Construction Ltd. build homes?
We sometimes build homes on remote islands or outside of our service area, and we can always make arrangements with you.
8. Do I need complete plans before you can give me a quote?
We can provide you with a quote based on a preliminary draft of what you envision your home to be.
9. I am a person with a disability, and getting around outside my home can be challenging. How can we meet?
We’ll make sure that you have access to all of our services, whether you prefer that we meet in your home or at a barrier-free location that you feel comfortable in.
Follow Us on Facebook!